Heavy Equipment Technician
Pipeline Machinery (PLM) CAT has an immediate opening in Cypress, Texas for entry-level to seasoned experienced Heavy Equipment Technicians.
The primary function of this position is to determine the status of service needed for various Caterpillar heavy construction equipment and allied equipment, and perform the necessary service, preventative maintenance, repairs, replacements, installations, or re-building of parts to restore the equipment to proper operation.
Job and Skill Requirements:
- Demonstrated technical, mechanical and troubleshooting abilities to define and perform maintenance and repairs of construction machinery or related equipment.
- Knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, powertrain and engine components.
- Minimum 1 - 8 years of experience working with heavy machinery (Caterpillar machinery experience preferred but not required).
- Must provide proper tools to perform equipment repairs.
- Associate/certified degree program in a technical discipline (Technical College, Community College or Private Technical Institute), or equivalent experience in a related industry or the military.
- Demonstrated verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills to include entry, search, application use, and file creation and maintenance.