Product Support Coordinator
Pipeline Machinery (PLM) CAT has an immediate opening in Cypress, Texas for a Product Support Coordinator.
The primary function of this position is to coordinate the warranty, product support and repair of new, sold and rented equipment within the Cat dealer network.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the maintenance, repair and update of sold and rented equipment.
- Coordinates damage repairs and subsequent customer charges.
- Advises dealers of pipeline industry activities in their territory and coaches them on customer needs.
- Advises customers on product offerings and arranges introduction of customers to local dealers and Cat district.
- Demonstrates support tools available to customers through Cat such as Cat® Connect Technology and Services and the Pipeline Safety Leadership Training program.
- Works with the respective Product Groups on product issue resolution and design changes.
- Utilizes Cat reporting software to exchange information related to product issues.
- Conveys customer concerns on design and safety as it relates to the Cat product lines.
- Manages charge out variances on dealer work orders from net to sell and ensures all warranty refund requests are completed.
- Reports incidents related to Cat Pipelayer product.
- Oversees pre-delivery and new equipment preparation.
- Promotes PLM industry focus concept to customers and dealers.
- Promotes Cat and after sales support network to customers.
Heavy Equipment Technician
Pipeline Machinery (PLM) CAT has an immediate opening in Cypress, Texas for entry-level to seasoned experienced Heavy Equipment Technicians.
The primary function of this position is to determine the status of service needed for various Caterpillar heavy construction equipment and allied equipment, and perform the necessary service, preventative maintenance, repairs, replacements, installations, or re-building of parts to restore the equipment to proper operation.
Job and Skill Requirements:
- Demonstrated technical, mechanical and troubleshooting abilities to define and perform maintenance and repairs of construction machinery or related equipment.
- Knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, powertrain and engine components.
- Minimum 1 - 8 years of experience working with heavy machinery (Caterpillar machinery experience preferred but not required).
- Must provide proper tools to perform equipment repairs.
- Associate/certified degree program in a technical discipline (Technical College, Community College or Private Technical Institute), or equivalent experience in a related industry or the military.
- Demonstrated verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills to include entry, search, application use, and file creation and maintenance.